Friday, August 7, 2009

Learning How to Sew and Loving it! My First Pillows!!

Here they are. I am so proud of myself. My friend, Megan, who is awesome, has been teaching me the ways of the sewing machine. I'll have to admit I was pretty bad in the beginning even though Megan said I was doing great. She is so nice. I love finding a new hobbie. It makes me so happy. I have been wanting to make pillows for a long time but just wasn't motivated enough. Now I have the time so I thought, why not. Sometimes I give up so easily if something doesn't turn out exactly the way I want it to so Nicholas counseled me through it and told me to stay strong and to not give up so I heeded his counsel. ;)

Here is a picture of my very first pillow. This one was tough. The button holes and the piping was pretty advanced for my capability. The buttons are a little crooked but that is what makes it homemade, right?
Here are some pictures of the pillows I did all by myself. GO MISSY! These pillows weren't half as hard to make and I think I may like them better. What do you think?



















I am really excited to make more. I love finding vintage fabric with cute floral designs. My next big goal is to make a quilt. My friend Kelly McCaleb is my idol and I hope to make cute quilts like her's one day. I am going to follow your quilting directions Kelly so I may have a few questions if you don't mind.

4 comments:

julieb said...

go missy.
those are so so good, especialy for a first timer. i love the last one. the fabric is so so cute!!

kelli said...

wow miss! they all look great. i can't wait for you to teach me!

kelly said...

haha, you are so cute. they are perfect!

Rocky Delafontaine said...

Congratulations on your new hobby! It is a reason to celebrate since you found something that you love to do. It looks like your whole family is happy. That's another reason to celebrate too.=)

Rocky Delafontaine