Monday, August 31, 2009

I think I can say that I am well rounded

First- My girly, homemaking side-Homemade Jam




On Thursday I went to my friend Wendi's house with Kelliann. We learned how to make fresh homemade, Jersey Peach style, jam. It is delicious. I have always wanted to learn how to make homemad jam and how to can it. I was first introduced to it my sophomore year at BYU. My roomate's Mom sent her strawberry jam that she made. I usually don't like jam but once I tried the homemade kind, it was love at first sight. Ever since then, I have always wanted to learn. Almost 10 years later and here I am. It was too difficult. I am so grateful that Wendi taught us. I can't wait to learn more from her. Yay!



Second- My manly, testerone enhanced side-Shooting with the boys




I have always wanted to go shooting with my Dad since I was 14. He has collected some pretty cool guns throughout the years. This one took about 14 years until we finally went shooting. Longer than the jam one. Jeeze Louize. I guess I had to bring a son-in-law into the picture in order for it to work. We shot Nick's SKS and my Dad's M16. My arm is definitely a bit sore. I didn't do too good in the beginning but once I got the hang of it I was a good shot. I can't wait to do it again. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 14 years.

3 comments:

kelli said...

you're so well-rounded, i think you'd bounce if i threw you. hehe.

that pic of you is too darn cute! you should wear your glasses more. i like em.

Brittany Farfan said...

Talk about who looks good! You look amazing! Congrats! I'm so excited for you--please keep me updated.

kelli said...

soon you will be very round =)