Friday, August 12, 2011

Learning how to sew and loving it!

I began sewing awhile ago before Marlie was born and made some simple pillows. I couldn't wait to learn more but then...... Miss Marlie Marie was born and that went out the window real fast. Now, life is starting to slow down a little so I thought I would start to sew once again. I am all about simple and cheap since I am such a rookie and not so talented in this area. The Sister Missionaries came over and taught me how to sew a pillow case baby dress. It was so easy. I am going to make a ton more. What do you think??



 Yesterday I came home from the shore and Nicholas built a little sewing area for me in the basement. How adorable is he? Really, how did I end up with such an amazing husband. He's my everything!!
 Don't you love the purses hanging up on the wall. He may be part gay. :)
 He even bought a couple of patterns for me to start with. I was blown away.

3 comments:

julieb said...

way to go nick. that is sooo cute!

kelli said...

the dress is adorable. how sweet of nick! he picked out some cute patterns! i'd love to come watch you sew. maybe you can teach me someday.=)

Brittany said...

How thoughtful of your hubby! And love the dress! Love it!
Did I mention we're having another boy?!?!
I can't wait to know what you're having!